One to One Session Structure Explained
- Each session is 50 minutes long
- We start each session with a brief check-in about how you are feeling at that time
- We then set an agreed agenda covering what we need to focus on during the session
- We work collaboratively throughout the session, keeping treatment goals in mind
- We agree any homework tasks, being realistic about what can be accomplished
- We finish by summarising what we discussed and achieved during the session and agree the next session date
48 hours notice is required for cancellations and rescheduling to prevent charges occurring.
How many sessions will I need?
Significant benefit can be achieved in as little as three sessions making it an affordable way of resolving difficulties. The skills involved can be learned and used outside the therapy room to enable you to make the positive changes needed to get on with your life.
Some issues will need longer term treatment but the very nature of Solution Focused therapy is to help you identify and develop the resources needed to facilitate positive change as swiftly as possible.
I believe strongly that therapy should be available to everyone which is why I continue to work free of charge in the voluntary sector and keep my private fees as low as possible. Fees payable by cash or cheque at the end of each session, or in advance by bank transfer.
- One to one sessions in Cowbridge clinic are £40 for 50 mins
- Couples relationship therapy sessions are £90 for 90 minutes
- Students, unemployed and single parent concessions – please contact to discuss
Discounts available for courses of sessions paid in advance.